Now, I know this is going to come across as really shallow and make me sound like one of those graphics-loving console gamers, but MailWise really is an absolutely gorgeous looking email app. You can tell that the developer has meticulously crafted every screen, as from the compose screen to the account set up assistant, every inch of the app is stunning to look at.
This is due in no small part the main ethos of the app, which is to display emails in a clean and uncluttered style. The app intelligently reorganises endless threaded emails into far more human readable chunks, and in this respect it is even better than the official Gmail app.
The conversation view is unrivalled, and makes getting to the information you want very easy indeed. We have all been there; endlessly scrolling through a conversation to find a response from someone or to double-check something that you yourself have said. With MailWise, finding these little tidbits is how it should be.
As well as the usual list of Google, Yahoo and other email accounts, you can set up (multiple) manual IMAP accounts and even Exchange ActiveSync, which may mean you can ditch two or three other email apps and just stick to this one.
* Conversations – e-mails are combined in a clear organized way
* Fully secure – MailWise stores all of your data locally on your device keeping it safe and secure
* Clean inbox – Smart Grouping by contacts
* Connect to the most popular email providers: Exchange, Yahoo!, Outlook, AOL, Gmail, Hotmail and more
* Email setup is simple and easy to configure
* MailWise email client connects to IMAP and ActiveSync (Exchange email) servers (Unfortunately we do not support POP3 at this time)
* Enable\Disable Avatars
* Quiet time for notifications
* Import all your email accounts – Mail Wise supports multiple email accounts
* Productive – swipe for immediate actions
* Sort inbox by unread or starred
* Clear email – proven to save you time by removing excessive formatting and signatures, getting directly to the heart of an email
* Easy add to Contacts – simply press the picture to add the email address and details to your contacts
* Quick email search – find your old emails fast
* Restricted Optional Exchange email Security Bypass (http://bit.ly/ExBypass)
This is the first third-party email app that has actually made me consider dropping using the main Gmail app. In the past, other clients have flattered to deceive, and dropped the ball in many areas, but MailWise ticks all the right boxes for me. I use twelve different email accounts for various businesses and I have no problem with MailWise, aside from one issue. I have Google 2 step verification set up on my Gmail account, and MailWise gave me no way to enter a code, and just asked me to try a manual setup, which still did not allow me to enter a verification code. Hopefully this is something the team are working on for the future.
I loved the way the app removed all the pointless formatting and signatures from emails, allowing me to get to the bones of the mail instantly, and I also liked the way you can opt in to receive images from a sender in the future, which is something that some apps, even those built into a system, don’t always offer.
With striking good looks, a turn of speed that seems to only get faster, support for just about every email standard out there and the very best conversation view in the industry, MailWise is easily the best email app you can get right now for Android, especially as it is completely free.Submit your app!