Our ‘Apps to look out for’ reviews are quick looks into apps that may well have passed under your radar, but may in fact be worth a look, and possibly even a purchase. Have a peek at today’s app and see if you think it is worth your time and money.
Ultimate Stick Fight
This is one f those famous ‘hidden gems’ we often talk about here at The Smartphone App Review. Ultimate Stick Fight is a side scrolling beat ’em up, tailored perfectly to the limits of a touch screen interface. The designers have obviously spent a lot of time deciding how best to do this kind of game with a touch interface, and the results are well worth it, as the game plays really well.
The game sees you take control of a stick fighter, with a wide range of combos to learn and use against your enemies. The graphics are bright and breezy, with some nice parallax effects, and the whole thing runs smoothly, and without a hitch.
Here are some of the app’s best features:
- TWO HEROES, ENDLESS COMBINATIONS
- — Play as Ryan or Slash, one uses a sword and the other his bare sticks
- — Each player must master his own 20 fight moves and styles
- — Learn insane combos that punch, kick, juggle, slide, spin, and more
- — String together built-in combos to create incredible attack combinations
- — Pick up and throw objects like boxes, dumpsters and phone booths!
- STICK WITH IT
- — Overcome challenging bosses in 40 stages and 8 unique environments
- — 3 levels of difficulty to prove you’ve got the biggest stick in town
- — Earn coins and stars as you defeat your enemies
- — Purchase new combos or upgrade existing skills to unlock new moves
- — Upgrade your skills for new animations and more effective combos
The game is great fun, and learning and mastering the wide range of moves available is a real challenge. There are 40 stages to get through, with 3 levels of difficulty, so there is plenty to do, and the need to upgrade your move set is compelling enough to keep playing.
Well worth a look, check it out on both Google Play and iTunes now.Submit your app!