iGames, available for iPhone and iPad through the Apple iTunes App Store, is a superb way of getting information about video games in a concise and intelligent way. We have all been there; seen a trailer or an advert for a game and then ventured onto Google to try to find out a bit more about it.
All you really want is some basic information, such as releases dates and platforms, as well as a few trailers and screenshots. Without delving into complicated sites like IGN, getting all the pertinent information about a particular game can be quite difficult.
iGames solves this problem by giving every game an easy to view and use information screen that also features trailers and plenty of screenshots, as well as a really great extra feature: user ratings. You can view what other, real gamers, think of any particular title using a star rating and even rate the games yourself. It is a great feature that adds a level of interactivity and really helps with getting the views of real gamers on games you like the look of.
Here straight from the developer are the app’s best features:
– View video game trailers, see screenshots, read overviews and more for over 20,000 video game titles
– Stay up to date with Trending Games to see what’s popular
– Check out ratings of video games and rate them yourself
– Discover newly released games that you may never have heard of before
– Keep track of games you want to keep an eye on with the “Watch” feature
– Add release dates of video games to your calendar right through the app to remind you to buy/pick up a game
– Share the latest games with your friends and followers through Facebook and Twitter
One important thing to note here is that the app doesn’t just concentrate on new releases, although they are all here, but many of the older platforms are also here, so you can check out games from older generations, which is handy if you are on an eBay-fueled nostalgia trip.
You can add any release date for a game to your iOS calendar, as well as viewing trending games to see if there is anything coming out that you may have missed. There is social integration which allows you to share any games to Facebook and Twitter, and also keep tabs on any games by ‘watching’ them.
Overall, this is a very handy app for gamers that keeps all the relevant information in a neat and tidy way and really helps to keep an eye on games you like, as well as helping to discover some new titles you may never have heard of otherwise.
Submit your app!