Our Mini App Reviews are quick looks into apps that may well have passed under your radar, but may in fact be worth a look, and possibly even a purchase. Have a peek at today’s app and see if you think it is worth your time and money.
PrintJinni is an app from Thinxstream Technologies that allows you to wirelessly print straight from your iOS device to a wireless printer. The app is universal and works just as well from an iPad as it does from an iPhone or iPod Touch.
Setup is simple, and once you are all ready you are only ever a few taps away from printing things straight from your phone.
Here are the app’s main features, straight from the developer:
– Enjoy wireless printing without an intermediate PC, additional software, cables or memory sticks
– Experience true-to-life print previews & prints of your documents
– Preview & print Microsoft Word, Excel®, PowerPoint® documents (Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 & 2010, Macintosh® Versions 2004, 2008 & 2011) from iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®
– Preview & print PDF, JPEG, PNG files from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
– Print supported files in a Zip folder attachment using “Email Accounts”
– Print email content using “Paste Board”
– Print supported email attachments using “Open with PrintJinni-E”
– Get built-in support for IMAP-based email accounts – Apple MobileMe(SM), Gmail™, Microsoft Exchange, AOL®
– Use Apple Mail for other email accounts such as Yahoo® Mail and Hotmail®
– Print supported files from any app with file sharing enabled using “Open in PrintJinni-E”
– Browse in your favorite browser & print Web pages by entering the Web address
– Preview & print any copied content (including secure Web sessions) using “Paste Board”
– Print from Web Storage services like Apple iDisk®, Dropbox, and Box.Net® using “Open with PrintJinni-E”
– Store downloaded documents for future printing
– Print directly to any wireless All-In-One printer
– Use print options including economical Black & White
– Manage printers including default/recently used printers
– In-App purchase of PrintJinni Services subscriptions
– Intuitive help videos
– User interface in US English
The app is free, and you get 30 days free subscription to use the app with, which is plenty of time to decide whether you need to pay or not. The interface is clean and attractive, there are plenty of features, and most importantly- it works.
If you need to print wirelessly to your printer, then this comes highly recommended.PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC game reviews, opinions and retro articles