You know, we review so many iPhone and iPad apps here, that they can sometimes seem to blend into one. The reason is that they all seem to share a very similar user interface. Seeing the same fonts, sliders and screen can become very tiresome, so it is always a pleasure when a developer actually takes the time to create their own, unique user interface.
Not an easy task, and it must be so tempting to simply use the template put down by Apple, so a big cheer for the developer of Lapse It in this regard. It is a good start for Lapse It, am I am pleased to say that the good just keeps coming from this app.
Lapse It Pro, as you may have guessed from the title of the app, is a time lapse app. SO, what is time lapse? Well, according to the developer, it can be described thus:
Time Lapse is a photography technique that gives an accelerated view of slowly changing events. Events such as movement of clouds, the rising and setting of the sun, animal life, a party with your friends, even individual activities like drawing or playing sports or anything else that you can imagine. You will see them in a new way and otherwise undetectable patterns will emerge.
It is possible, with this app to create some great time lapse videos. I have attached a YouTube video to the bottom of this review, remember to check it out.
Here, straight from the developer, are all the app’s main features:
POWERFUL AND UNIQUE FEATURES:
● Capture stunning shots using the camera Full Sensor
● Blazing fast render engine supporting up to 1080p
● Well designed User Interface for both aesthetics and usability
● Stunning different filters, including the amazing Tilt-Shift effect
● Ability to insert sound tracks
● Customizable frame rate
● Stop Motion Mode
● Render to MP4 and MOV
● Share directly to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and many others
● Adjustable focus, white balance and exposure.
● Built-in Time Lapse Social Gallery.
● Video Trimmer
● Frequent updates and fast support
● The only time lapse app that you will need
● Front facing camera
● On screen information during capture
● Easily adjustable full featured settings
● No restrictions for capture length or frames
● Tested and approved by more than 500.000 people with 4.5+ rating
It is a joy to use, and I am sure that many people will get a lot of pleasure form the app, especially photography buffs. There is one thing missing from the app- proper iPad support. I hope there is an update to make the app properly universal soon.
Perhaps the greatest feature it the ability to mix your own custom soundtrack into the videos. This alone raises it above simply being a toy and into a proper tool. The app is also available for Android, and a free version for iOS.
Overall, this is a great app, and one that is sure to add an extra dimension to the photography suite on your iPhone.
Submit your app!