There are quite a few apps on iOS that claim to be able to help with conference calling, with many adding the barebones required to be able to list it as an addition to their app on the App Store, and those that do focus on conference calling have all been underwhelming, to say the least.
MobileDay has to be the best app of this type that we have covered here, and that is not only because of the stellar design elements, but also because it is one of the very, very few apps that have that human touch. Simply put, all the dial-in sequences have been validated by a real person, which means that the chances of success with every conference call you try to join are incredibly high. In fact, it would probably be harder to find an example of this app not working than anything else.
It is great to have a mobile conferencing app that just works, as anyone will tell you they can be a complete pain to use, especially for the less tech savvy amongst us.
• Auto-detect scheduled events in your iOS calendar
• Receive notifications of upcoming meetings
• Get dependable one-touch access to any conference call or online meeting
• Rely on MobileDay to get you into every call accurately using human validated dial-in sequences
• Rejoin dropped calls with one touch
• Notify attendees when you are running late via text or email with a pre-populated, customizable message
• Use quick call options to dial anyone in your contacts, or call using the MobileDay keypad
• Schedule meetings from within the app with your conference dial-in information pre-populated
• Join conference calls and online meetings on any platform, including WebEx®, GoToMeeting®, Google+ Hangouts, Lync, FaceTime, and more
• Add MobileDay to your Today screen for easy access to upcoming conference calls and online meetings
The app itself is a breeze to use, with an intuitive design that will be instantly familiar to any iOS user. Conference calling and joining into conferences is ridiculously simple, so much so that the two people I have introduced to the app both joined a test conference with the same words: “I’m in? Just like that?”. Safe to say they will become regulars with the app.
The app is priced well, with 10 conference calls free per month, which is fantastic if you only rarely make calls like this, as you need never pay a penny. If you do need more you can get unlimited calls for $1.99 per month, or $14.99 per year. I would seriously recommend taking this option, if only for the peace of mind of knowing you have no limits and seriously, $1.99 a month? A steal for this feature set, especially with the premium customer service you also get with the paid option.
Overall, if you are looking for a fully featured app that offers unrivalled reliability due to its human element, all for a good price, then you really can’t go wrong with MobileDay.
Want your app reviewed like this one? Get it seen by our massive reader base here - Submit your app!