Momondo is an app for people who like to fly or get great bargains for flights. You can get results from over 800 different travel sites so that you can input all the details in once and get all the results you need. The website has been a great success so they have now launched a, most welcome, app. At its most basic level, this app is created for flight searching and it is so easy to use. As soon as the app is launched the search box is on the front screen, a simple but welcome touch.
If you select either a one way flight or return you can then select the from and to fields, and then search for where you are planning to go. You can then select which airport you would like to go to, and Momondo shows you the flights it has found on all of the networks. The search is very quick and results are displayed in a well designed layout, which shows you the most important things like price (in different currencies), if it is a direct flight, airline, how long the flights takes and the departure/arrival times.
• The best online flight comparison, in the palm of your hand
• Travel planning, right at your fingertips
• Find a cheap flight for almost any destination around the world in seconds
• Search return and one-way airfares
• Compare plane tickets offered by the biggest international airlines, low cost carriers
• Get the best price for that random route way out on the other side of the world that barely anyone ever takes
• Click through to book airline tickets with all the big travel companies you know and love
• Find exactly what you want – filter by Airline, Departure/Arrival Time, Stops, Airport, Ticket Class and Booking Type
• Save flights from your searches, which you can quickly come back to later
• Share your search via email or text in two taps
• Get ready for some winter sun in Bangkok
• Grab a last-minute flight for that business trip to New York
• Plan a romantic city break in Rome
• Take the family on a dream vacation to Orlando
• Organise next summer’s getaway to Paris
Once you have a list of flights, you can narrow down your search using filters that let you select options ranging from price, departure time, arrival time, number of stops, airline, etc. This is a brilliant way to get your search down to fewer flights. When you have found a flight that is right for you, you can book it there and then or save it, or even email for future use. You can use the saved list to compare other flights, but it won’t update if the prices change. You would have to manually search if you aren’t booking that moment which can be a bit of a flaw. The app also does not show any hotel or car rentals so you would have to search for these elsewhere.
In my opinion I think this app is excellent for finding cheap flights, easy to use and well designed. I will definitely be checking this out when I next plan my holiday.
Want your app reviewed like this one? Get it seen by our massive reader base here - Submit your app!