Multiple Exposure iPhone Review
By Simon Burns On 2 Nov, 2015 At 11:47 AM | Categorized As Featured, iPhone, Reviews | With 0 Comments

itunes icon

Here we have a great little app that is designed to do one thing, and one thing alone, which is to provide the iPhone with the ability to shoot at multiple exposures, and yet manages to do this task with charm and a great feature set.

The app does exactly what it is described as doing, and allows you to select different exposure levels for the iOS camera. Obviously, it doesn’t really change the exposure at a hardware level, and instead uses some magical jiggery pokery (patent pending) to achieve an effect very very close to the real thing. So close, that for 99% of people, this will be no different to having an expensive digital camera, and the other 1% wouldn’t use their iPhone to take serious pictures, anyway.

For the remaining 99%, this does a stand up job at replicating the feature. In fact, it does such a good job that I don’t really understand why there isn’t a similar, software based solution in the built-in camera app.exposure

Here, straight from the developer, are the app’s best features:

How do I use it?
• Little button to expose.
• Big button to expose and save your photo to the photo library.

It’s that simple!

Equip yourself with the right tools for the job:
• Live Preview
• Exposure Compensation
• Touch Focus
• Front Facing Camera
• Black and White Filter

You’ll be shooting great multiple exposures in no time!

The app is very simple to use, with such a natural feeling to its use that you will be up and running in no time at all, creating your own mini masterpieces. One way I can see to improve the app would be to add 3D Touch capabilities, which would be an extremely fun way to select your exposure levels, even if it wouldn’t be that accurate.

The app works well as a complement to other apps, as you simply can’t get images like this using anything else. You can snap a pic here, then edit it in another app to add effects and overlays, with almost limitless possibilities.

Overall, this is a superb little app that adds a welcome new feature for budding iOS photographers out there, and is well worth its small asking price of just $0.99.

91

itunes icon

 

Want your app reviewed like this one? Get it seen by our massive reader base here - Submit your app!
Simon Burns

About - Simon Burns is the editor and founder of VoxelArcade and The Smartphone App Review. He has been a fan of technology for over twenty five years and loves playing with gadgets and spending time with his family. You can get in touch with him via the ‘contact us’ section of the site or on Twitter by following @smartappreview

Want your app reviewed like this one? Get it seen by our massive reader base here Submit your app!

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>


%d bloggers like this: