Here is our countdown of the Top 10 Free iPhone Apps of the Week. Don’t let these gems pass you by. Save your money, and go free!
1. Facebook Poke
Poke your friends to share fun moments or just say hello.
• Poke a friend with a message, photo or video
• Choose how long they can see it
• Press and hold to see pokes from friends
• Say where you are when you poke
• See when your friends take screenshots
2. Google Maps
Navigate your world with Google Maps, now available for iPhone. Get comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps with built-in Google local search, voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Street View and more. Use Google Maps to discover great places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and reviews from people you trust. Sign in to save your favorite places and quickly access all your past searches and directions from your computer, right on your phone.
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
* An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
* Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
* Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
3. Sonic Jump
The original platform jumper is back as Sonic leaps up an all new vertically challenging adventure in stunning HD graphics!
Play as Sonic or his friends leaping through familiar and new Sonic worlds to battle Dr. Eggman, as you tilt and tap your way through fixed Story levels and Arcade infinite modes. Available for iPhone®, iPod® touch, iPad® and iPad® mini – take to the sky!
Play as your favourite characters including Sonic, Tails & Knuckles, each with their own unique abilities.
Jump across the legendary Green Hill Zone or take to new worlds including Mountain & Jungle Zones.
Leap through 48 different levels on a quest to stop the evil Dr. Eggman.
Jump until you drop in the infinite Arcade Mode, where where it ends depends on how long you can jump for.
Fight in epic boss battles between Sonic and his arch-rival Dr. Eggman!
Compete against friends to see who can jump highest in Arcade Mode or set epic scores in leaderboards.
Collect rings as you play the game, or purchase them in store, to unlock characters, power ups and more.
We are working hard to bring you more characters and new worlds in future FREE updates.
4. Super 7
Over 1,000,000 downloads for Super 7, 1,000,000 people addicted to Super 7 can’t be wrong! Join them today!
The next generation of line-drawing games has arrived with Super 7 for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Draw lines to combine the numbered discs and try to create 7s. Sure, it sounds simple but can you keep up once negative numbers and multipliers are thrown into the mix?
Super 7 won the award for best casual iPad game in the Best App Ever Awards 2010!!!!
☆ Easy to pick up game play that will take hours to master.
☆ Fun power-ups!
☆ Real time leaderboard updates during the game.
☆ Automatically saves your game, simply press the home button to save your game.
☆ Supports all screen sizes including the new iPhone 5
☆ Supports iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
☆ Game Center achievements and leaderboards
Music & Sound Design by Mike Weiser, www.mikeweisermusic.com (ASCAP)
+ Fixed the performance issues of the previous build.
+ The smaller discs are now easier to hit on retina devices.
Thank you for playing Super 7! Please don’t forget to update your rating if you left a 1 star review to inform me of the issues with the previous build. Thanks!
★ LensFlare is FREE today with AppGratis ★
Featured in Wired Magazine, June 2012!
LensFlare is a must have app for any photographer or designer looking for the best in optical effects.
LensFlare offers a wide selection of lens types to choose from. Each flare has unique properties and is dynamic, responding to position with center bloom and edge flare up.
– Cinematic Style Anamorphic Lens
– Natural Sunlight Flares
– Subtle Glints
– SLR Camera Lens Types
LensFlares can enhance any photo – from portraits, action shots, artistic imagery to design elements like logos. They add a whole new layer to your photos – an interplay of light and imagery. Easily add and position them on your photos for a great visual effect.
You can further customize your photos with unique Lens Textures. These add a realistic glass surface that interacts with the LensFlare.
– Dusty Surfaces
– Large and Small Spots
– Scratched Glass
– Rain Drops
LensFlare is now Universal!
DailyCost is a simple and elegant expanse tracking app for everyday use. With intuitive interaction and beautifully designed statistics, it just rocks.
– Simple and easy to use UI
– Intuitive experience
– Smart categories
– Elegant stats and reports
This app is designed and developed individually by a passionate designer in his spare time.
After using many complicated expense tracking apps, he determined to design a much simpler one.
If you like this app, please support it by rating it.
If you have any problem using this app, or any new idea and suggestion about it, please don’t hesitate to give me feedback.
Weibo: @dailycost / Twitter: @dailycostapp
Find out what’s on the “dark” side of DailyCost!
– added preference settings for reordering categories
– added preference settings for currency symbol
– added a few beautiful wallpapers
– cleaner and simpler timeline design
– new languages Traditional Chinese and Japanese
– bugfixes and performance boost
Timenotes is an app that allows you to create a reminder which will count years, days, hours, minutes and seconds to or since some of your special dates.
★ TOP10 Paid Lifestyle In Russia
★ TOP15 Paid Lifestyle in China
★ TOP15 Overall in Malta
★ TOP25 Paid Lifestyle in the USA
➤ If you have any questions and ideas for app improvements (usability, translation, interface) — please email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, your feedback is very important to us and will be used to improve our apps. If you find any bugs, or if you experience any crashes, then we would very much like to hear about the issue.
Follow us at twitter @factoryus
Fixed critical bugs
8. Galaxy on Fire 2
[Galaxy on Fire 2™ is the award-winning space shooter that set a new standard for sci-fi gaming on the App Store. If you have an iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or new iPad, we’d recommend you to download the graphically overhauled HD version of the game. If you have an older iOS device, the regular version of GOF2 would be best for you!]
# # # AN UNPRECEDENTED OUTER SPACE ADVENTURE # # #
Galaxy on Fire 2™ is a premium-quality 3D space combat and trading simulation with adventure and RPG elements. Take over the role of the hot-headed space war veteran Keith T. Maxwell and save the galaxy from its impeding destruction by the hands of devious alien raiders, ruthless space pirates and power-crazy madmen!
# # # A CONTINUOUS STREAM OF NEW ADVENTURES # # #
Take on new adventures and face new challenges with the extensive new expansion pack Supernova™ and the critically acclaimed first add-on Valkyrie™ (available via in-app purchase)! Fly new space ships, mount new weapons, meet new characters, visit new star systems and experience new campaigns with a combined playing time of more than 20 hours!
In addition, you can also purchase your own space station, the infamous Kaamo Club, in order to store tons of items and park or even pimp your favourite ships.
# # # TRUST THE MEDIA # # #
The international press loves Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD and calls it “the best space shooter in the App Store” (148 Apps, 4.5/5 points), “a Freelancer for the iPhone” (Gamedot 10/10 points) and “a must-have for the heavy gamer on the go” (AppCraver, 5/5 points).
# # # TRUST THE FANS # # #
The fans have given Galaxy on Fire 2™ thousands of 5-star ratings! According to them, “the graphics are ridiculously good and the controls are smooth as silk” (Obijon6). Among others, they have called it “one of the best games in the App Store” (Dikano) and “a great space adventure” (Sparksinva).
# # # HUNDREDS OF UNIQUE FEATURES # # #
• A vast galaxy with over 20 star systems and more than 100 individual planets and space stations
• More than 30 customizable spaceships and hundreds of different weapons systems, power-ups and commodities
• A unique mixture of story-driven, mission-based and sandbox gameplay
• High-quality visuals including detailed 3D models, hi-res textures and breath-taking Special FX
• 3D sound, orchestral soundtrack and full voice-acting
• Action Freeze™: Take screenshots from any perspective and share them on Facebook
• Native support of the Retina Display of the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and new iPad
• Synchronisation of save games via iCloud between SD, HD and Full HD (Mac) version
# # # JOIN THE COMMUNITY # # #
Get in touch with thousands of other Galaxy on Fire 2 fans through our official website, forums and social media profiles! We’re looking forward to hear from you!
Official Galaxy on Fire Homepage – http://www.galaxyonfire.com/
Official Galaxy on Fire Newsletter – http://bit.ly/gof2-newsletter
Official Fishlabs Homepage – http://www.fishlabs.net/
Official Fishlabs Forums – http://forums.fishlabs.net/en
Official GOF2 HD Trailer – http://bit.ly/gof2-hd-trailer
Like GOF on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/galaxyonfire
Like us on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/fishlabs
Follow us on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/fishlabs
Check us out on YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/fishlabsgames
# # # HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS # # #
Galaxy on Fire 2™ does still run smoothly on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, iPod touch 4G, iPod touch 3G and on the first iPad. If you’ve got an iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or new iPad, we’d recommend you to buy the graphically overhauled Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD instead.
• ATTENTION: OpenFeint features removed due to OpenFeint shutdown. Please transfer your OpenFeint save game before installing the update
• Galaxy on Fire 2™ SD now natively supports the resolution of iPhone 5
• iCloud save issue of Galaxy on Fire 2™ SD resolved: It’s again possible to transfer saves between game versions.
• Minor Bugfixes and Enhancements
9. Punch Quest
** Punch Quest is FREE for the holidays! Merry Fistmas!
Punch Quest is an arcade-style fighting game, entirely controlled by taps with your left and right thumbs.
Jab, uppercut, slam, and otherwise pummel your way through dungeons full of monsters, branching path choices, rare events, and fragile pottery.
– Unlock and equip many special abilities and Supermoves.
– Ride a dinosaur that shoots lasers out of its mouth.
– Character customization that gets shown off on our friend scoreboards.
– Punch an egg that turns you into a magical gnome.
– Do quests to earn really fancy hats.
– Combo system where you launch enemies into each other from across the map.
Punch Quest is a collaboration between Rocketcat Games (Hook Champ, Mage Gauntlet) and Madgarden (Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal).
Big update! New items, a new mode, and support/bugfix stuff!
Quick warning: Gnomey gives money instead of hats now on level ups, as we figure out a new reward for him to give. So may want to finish leveling him if you’re close.
– New mode! Unlock it from the title screen. Spartan Mode has you start in the dungeon with no skills or powers, and you must find them at random in a dungeon with new room types!
– New scoreboard for Spartan Mode.
– New Ultra Belts! Change your belt buckle while conveying an extra Power II skill! Very expensive.
– New Share button in the top of the retry screen. If you like the game, use that button to tell your friends via Twitter, messaging, email, or Facebook.
– Ultra Hats changed. They now are buyable straight from that section, cost 200k, but always have a skill on them. Rerolls cost 100k, but always give a Power I skill.
– Gnomey gives money now on level ups, though we plan to give him something else to award later.
– More mystery items. All hats, all the time.
– Price adjustments to the shop. Quests are also adjusted. This is the one we warned about in the popups.
– IAP packs readjusted, they now give more coins per dollar.
– Skip buttons on the quest summary screen, for convenience.
– Quest boxes tell you when you need to buy a new skill, and how many coins you’d need to.
– Fix for the money-eating bug. Email support if you have any issues with data loss, still.
– We can restore idols now. Please email support if you ever lost any.
– We can restore hats now, too.
– Achievement bug fixed! Quests sometimes not completing bug fixed!
– Various other fixes.
Swordigo is FREE for a limited time | Brought to you by 3 Magic Shots Download 3 Magic Shots to get more awesome apps like Swordigo for FREE
#1 Adventure game on the U.S. App Store! Thank you all for your support!
PCWorld’s top 10 video game of 2012! (May 2012)
Run, jump and fight your way through a vast world to defeat the spreading corruption.
A GREAT ADVENTURE
• Explore a magical realm of dungeons, towns, treasures and devious monsters.
• Gain experience and level up your character.
MAGIC AND SWORDS
• Find powerful weapons, items and spells to defeat your enemies.
• Venture into gloomy caves and dungeons illuminated by the atmospheric dynamic lighting system.
• Precise touch controls designed specifically for iOS.
• Customize the controls to your preference.
LATEST iOS FEATURES
• Game Center and OpenFeint Achievements.
• Use iCloud to sync saves between the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
• Retina display support for both the iPhone and the new iPad.
See the trailer video at www.touchfoo.com/swordigo
– Added iPhone 5 support!
– Removed OpenFeint because they have discontinued their service.
App prices are subject to change.
Please visit our sister site, VoxelArcade, for all the latest PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC game reviews, opinions and retro articles