Here is our countdown of the Top 10 Free iPhone Apps of the Week. Don’t let these gems pass you by. Save your money, and go free!
1. Go Fishing!
Introducing the best fishing simulator: Go Fishing! Escape from your work routine and the hassle of the city. Relax in the peaceful wilderness of the best fishing spots around the world.
The game features:
* hundreds of realistic tackle and bait options
* realistic locations, recreated from the best fishing spots around the world (Lake Michigan, Loch Ness, Alaska, Florida, Lake Victoria, Siberia and more)
* realistic graphics, animations, sounds, real fishing ambiance
* multi-level quests for fishing legends and stories (you will need to catch a monster fish, help the local ecologists, universities and restaurants, help finding poachers, etc)
* real-time multi-player tournaments
* extensive fishing experience. You may:
– sell, cook or release fish you caught,
– buy various bait or use traps to get it,
– use the realistic fishing gear,
– chum the fishing spots in advance to attract fish,
– use magic potions to improve your luck or skill,
– wear warmer clothes or sunglasses, apply mosquito repellents for more comfort,
– buy a house and a boat to access remote locations,
– pull out rare items to complete various collections,
– help your friends and ask them for a help,
– use electronic fishfinders to locate what you need,
– brag about your achievements and catches.
* Facebook integration
A Facebook account is required to play Go Fishing. Creating a Facebook account is free and you can play Go Fishing on Facebook at: http://apps.facebook.com/go-fishing/
2. Charadium II
Charadium is FREE (normally $1.99)! This weekend only!
Charadium is a fast & furious draw-and-guess multiplayer game that guarantees you’ll be drawn in. Your goal is to draw a given word, and other players have to guess that word.
Sounds simple, but it’s unbelievable how amazingly fun and addictive this process is!
You can play live games or turn-based games with your family, friends or other players from all around the world.
Get Charadium and dive into the drawing and guessing fun!
The paid version includes all artistic tools: the rich color palette and realistic brushes. It also has no ads.
3. Boost 2
★ Now free for a limited time! ★
Thank you to all of the players who help supported this game!
The major update to the original version has arrived. Boost 2 features:
➤ Three brand new game modes, including online multiplayer
➤ A completely redesigned interface and HUD
➤ Game Center and OpenFeint with online leaderboards and achievements
➤ Retina and iPad support
➤ Many other bug fixes and optimizations
Thank you everyone for your continued support and feedback. Your encouragement and excitement for this game has been overwhelming, to say the least. I love reading your comments, and continue to look forward to hearing your feedback!
Boost was featured as one of the best games of 2009 by Apple, and has even been featured in their iPod Touch commercial!
“…among the iPhone tunnel games, Boost is king” – Touch Arcade
“It was the best tunnel racer when it was originally released in 2009, and I’m having a hard time thinking of a better one that has been released since then” – Touch Arcade
“I don’t consider myself a fan of racing games, but Boost 2 was a welcome change to my usual gaming fare.” – AppAdvice
“Lanis has crafted a beautiful tunnel-racer that makes its predecessor, Cube Runner, look crude by comparison” – Thumb Spree
“Addicting Solid Tunnel Game” – itunesgames.net
Featured by Apple in “Hot New Games”
Featured on Touch Arcade’s “Best iPhone Games: October 2009”
4.Cut the Rope: Experiments Free
What on earth is Om Nom?! That’s what millions of fans of the widely acclaimed game, Cut the Rope, have been asking about the cute little monster who eats candy like its his job!
That same question has a mad (but not bad) scientist studying the little creature that mysteriously arrived outside his house. Intrigued by Om Nom’s insatiable appetite for sweets, the Professor puts him through a series of experiments in this all-new game, a follow-up to one of the most original and fun-filled games on the App Store.
A NEW TWIST ON THE FAMILIAR AND HIGHLY ADDICTIVE GAMEPLAY
Cut the Rope: Experiments combines the same rope-cutting and monster-feeding action that millions of people around the globe have come to love, with new features and gameplay elements including Rope Shooters and Suction-cups. Can you help the Professor and Om Nom get through these wacky experiments?
– 12 new experiments (levels) across 3 colorful new settings, with more to come!
– 3 level packs: Getting Started, Shooting the Candy, Sticky Steps
– New musical tracks, sounds and Om Nom animations
MEET THE PROFESSOR!
Meet the newest character in Om Nom’s adventures! The wacky Professor adds colorful commentary in response to gameplay achievements (or lack thereof!), adding a new element of interaction between the player and the game. How did Om Nom end up outside the scientist’s house? And why is he so intrigued with the little creature?
– Find hidden photo evidence to help the scientist with his experiments! Complete the professor’s photo album and share with your friends on Facebook
– New animated storyline featuring the professor’s intriguing commentary and reactions to Om Nom’s behavior – What will he think of YOUR achievements?
GET THE COMIC BOOK!
In Cut the Rope: Experiments, Om Nom’s story begins to unfold. Follow the adventures of Om Nom, the Professor and more interesting new characters in the Cut the Rope Comic Book, coming soon to the App Store!
Activate Your SOCIAL SUPERPOWERS!
“…it’s awesome.” – TechCrunch
“…an amazing app.” – LifeHacker
Since our initial launch in June 2011, we’ve grown to 600,000+ Banjo members in over 180 countries. You’ve made 50 million connections and kept our servers busy with more than one billion updates!
Banjo taps into the most popular social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram and more, to provide a real time view of what’s happening anyplace, anytime. Our powerful friend alert technology lets you know when friends are nearby – even if they’re not on Banjo.
• Map Ripple effect
• Added Instagram
• Sleek and enhanced design
• Real time interest search by location
• Friend alerts from more social networks
• Larger, high-res photos
• Enhanced map view with dynamic grouping
If you’ve upgraded your iPhone or iPod touch to iOS 5, these features are included in your Banjo experience:
• Friend alerts show up in Notification Center – never miss another connection
• New facial recognition improves thumbnail quality
• Save photos to iCloud – access pictures anywhere
• Twitter single sign-on means no more re-entering login credentials
6. Mafia Rush
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to play a gangster game…
Mafia Rush is the gangster game you have been waiting for. With unique visuals, deep and dynamic gameplay as well as a ton of items and weapons to unlock, Mafia Rush is the Don of the genre.
• GOODFELLAS AND BADFELLAS
Defend yourself and your loot against waves of bad guys in four different modes of play; Robbery, Defend, Attack, and Survival. Each mode offers something different and will test you in a new way!
• BECOME A MADE MAN
Earn experience and cash as you complete stages that you can use to level up your character’s agility, speed and health. You can also buy new weapons and items from Sentry Guns to Rocket Launchers!
• CRIMINAL EMPIRE
As you play through the campaign unlock new areas to control. Keep an Ace in the hole as you collect playing cards to uncover these new areas and build your way up to running the big city!
For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com
7. Draw Something Free
***The #1 Word Game in US, Australia, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Malaysia, and Singapore***
Play the Free version of Draw Something, the most popular social drawing and guessing game in the App Store with over 100 millions drawings created! Experience for yourself the laugh-out-loud game your friends are raving about!
PRAISE FOR DRAW SOMETHING FREE
“★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Keeps me entertained for hours.” – Jspronk
“★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Awesome!!! My New Addiction” – Paul B
“★ ★ ★ ★ ★ BEST GAME IN IPHONE HISTORY” – Brian R
★ Play with Friends on Android and iPhone/iPad!
Challenge friends on Facebook or Twitter, or be automatically partnered with new gaming buddies.
★ No Drawing Skills Required!
Stick figures and a sense of humor are welcome! Just wiggle you finger to create a doodle masterpiece!
★ Color Craze – Over 50 Vibrant Colors!
Turn simple doodles into rich masterpieces with color packs.
★ Turn-based Gameplay
Perfect for gamers-on-the-go! Take turns drawing and guessing at your own pace.
Rally back and forth with friends for the most “Turns.”
Stumped by a difficult word? Exchange it for a new one by exploding it with a bomb.
★ Push Notifications
Be alerted when it’s your turn to draw or guess.
If you like Draw Something, try other games by OMGPOP!
Boom Friends – The explosively addictive puzzle game!
Puppy World – Raise adorable puppies in The Cutest Game in the Universe!
Become a fan! Get exclusive rewards and stay up to date on our latest news.
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/playdrawsomething
★ Swipe to delete unwanted matches
★ No more unwanted random games
★ Intro video won’t play music unexpectedly
★ 300 new words!
Get oodles of stuff done with the TaskRabbit iPhone App! Goodwill drop-offs, IKEA furniture assembly, grocery runs, yard work, house cleaning, and deliveries are no match for our TaskRabbits. If you need to get things done, TaskRabbit can help! Download the app for extreme convenience on the go: post any Task, errand, or to-do and one of our thousands of pre-qualified and background-checked TaskRabbits will hop to it. Now live in Boston, Los Angeles, Orange County, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and coming soon to a city near you!
How it Works
Here’s how to get hopping:
1. Sign up. It’s free!
2. Post a Task. Describe what you need done and name your price. The app lets you voice-record a description and upload pictures, so you don’t even have to type.
3. Get Hopping! A TaskRabbit accepts your price and hops to your Task.
4. Go on with the good stuff in your day!
Key Features of the TaskRabbit App
• Photos and voice recordings as Task descriptions — provide all the detailed instructions or information needed to get the job well done … without typing a word.
• Real-time map to easily specify Task locations.
• Spinning carousel to easily select a common Task like grocery shopping, or house cleaning.
• Handy guide that helps you accurately and quickly price a Task based on other Tasks in the system.
• Informative logged-out experience — gives you an opportunity to learn about the service before committing. Check out Task activity in your area on a map and learn how the service works before creating your own account.
– Improvements to our pricing graph make selecting a price for your Task even easier. Simply tap anywhere on the graph to choose your price.
– Tasks can now be viewed in a list view as well as sorted by category and status (open, assigned, points).
– Our pull-to-refresh gesture allows you to quickly and easily update the My Tasks list and Browse Task list.
– TaskRabbits can now easily determine which Tasks are assigned to them using a friendly rabbit flag.
– New notification badges help users track any pending activity.
– Our new Task map tutorial will help you navigate our Task map like a pro.
9. SocialCam Video Camera
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Socialcam
With over 3 million downloads, Socialcam is the free and easy way make and share videos with friends and family from your iPhone. Now with vintage video filters!
NYTimes: “The most talked about video app”
✔ Unlimited video length and storage
✔ Private accounts and private videos
✔ Vintage and experimental video filters
✔ Share to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Email/SMS
✔ Fast upload in the background (no spinners)
✔ Videos stored in the cloud
✔ Watch on any smartphone, computer, or tablet
✔ Upload existing videos from your camera roll
✔ Browse, like, and comment on friends’ videos
✔ Instantly notified when your friends take videos
✔ Live feed of your friend’s favorite videos
We welcome your feedback!
Please email us at email@example.com with your comments & suggestions
Note: Currently video capture is not supported for the iPhone 3G and older.
– Crash bug in popular fixed
– Popular video page
– Trending hashtags
– Video list redesign with large, beautiful images
– Feed with activity on only your content
– Socialcam community guidelines
– Speed and stability better than ever
10. Hero Academy
To celebrate the release of the Dwarves team, the Dark Elves are on sale for a limited time!
Test your skills in this lighthearted battle between friends — from the makers of Age of Empires and Halo Wars!
★ Recently featured as an Apple “Staff Favorite!”
★ “Bite size strategy you can’t put down” – Touch Arcade, 4.5 Stars
★ “It’s a ridiculous amount of fun” – 148Apps, 5 Stars; Editor’s Choice
★ “What’s important is that you download this ridiculously free app for your iOS device immediately” – Penny Arcade
★ “The game looks great, and the diverse amount of units allow for some really creative play.” – Nine Over Ten, 5 Stars
Heroic teams have gathered to engage in friendly contests on the Academy playfields. Will your team emerge triumphant?
Enter a world of swords and magic, and challenge friends old and new to a contest of tactics and skill. From the human Council to the mysterious Dark Elves, every team needs a fearless captain to lead them to victory. Only those that leverage their team’s strengths and capitalize on their opponent’s weaknesses will protect their crystal and win the day. The Academy extends a warm welcome to all – whether they’re already heroes, or simply heroes in training!
• Highly accessible turn-based gameplay
• Easy to learn – jump right in and play!
• Play with friends or random opponents
• Colorful light-hearted graphics and sound
• Random playfields keeps battles fresh!
• Get started with the free Council team
• Expand your roster with additional teams!
• Customize your team
• Challenge your Facebook friends!
• Invite your Twitter followers to play!
• Chat with your opponents in-game
• Push notifications alert you to your turns
Follow us on Twitter @HeroAcademy, and visit our Facebook page at HeroAcademyApp!
• Explosive new team available: Dwarves!
• New Dwarven-themed playfield featuring teleportation squares – FREE to all players!
• Added Game Center achievements and leaderboards
• Less waiting for games to load; new “Next Game” button goes right to your next active game
• German language support added; more languages coming soon
• Hero Academy no longer prevents your music from playing
• Auto-forfeit if no turn is submitted – 7 days for random games, 14 for custom games
• Double-tap items and units to open help dialog
• Balance changes to the Knight, Wizard, Necromancer, and Void Monk
• Various stability and functionality fixes
App prices are subject to change.
Want your app reviewed like this one? Get it seen by our massive reader base here - Submit your app!