Music players with nice graphical themes are pretty popular on the App Store recently, with many new apps all vying to be the one you choose use for your audio needs. However, many of them are nothing more than reskinned versions of the built-in music player, and don’t really offer anything new for standard users, much less for the audiophiles out there.
AlphaSXplayer may just be the perfect musical tool for iPhone, as it combines a gorgeous and easy to use interface with a host of powerful and handy features that will really help you with many aspects of your audio files.
The look of the app seems to be based around a mini recording studio, with cool looking dials and sections that look like they were pulled straight from a guitar amp. Those fancy dials are not just for show, however, as they actually work, which is a really nice touch.
Here, straight from the developer, are the app’s best features:
– Variable playback rate: Change the audio playback speed without affecting sound quality.
– Custom pitch: Change the music and voice timbre from high to low pitch (think squirrel or Darth Vader).
– Toggle between standard A 440Hz pitch tuning or the more harmonious A 432Hz that lets you hear music (especial classical) as it was imagined by composer. Set the tuning to A 432Hz lets you experiment with the musical timbre considered most favorable for human souls and good health!
– Ten bands equalizer with a variety of presets (classical, pop, rock, jazz, etc.).
– Built-in sound effects: reverberation, distortion, time delay, echo and more, with plenty of presets and adjusted parameters.
– Preamplifier increases sound volume beyond the original setting.
– Build-in voice recorder uses the microphone on your device and stores audio as MP4 files in a subfolder for playback and adding special effects.
– Realistic analogue meters indicate playback and voice recorder level.
– Intuitive dialog interface makes it easy to choose files for editing, adjusting or playing. Selected files appear in an editable playback queue table.
The app itself is actually a fully featured music player and recorder. You can import sound files and do quite a lot to them, such as play around with the playback speed or even add sound effects. The ability to alter the payback speed is an incredibly handy feature that could help you out in a number of scenarios, in particular anything where you are attempting to learn something, such as a language.
The app allows you to set the tuning to A 432Hz, as opposed to the more usual A 440Hz, and you really can hear the difference. It is supposed to sound more ‘harmonious’, and I have to agree that it does indeed sound a lot better.
The app does have a graphically intensive theme, but yet still manages to be very intuitive to use. All the features are intelligently designed and easy to access, and I never struggled to complete any task or find anything I needed.
Overall, this free app is a superb way to listen to, record and play around with sound and music on your iPhone. With a great theme and some unique and handy functions, this app comes highly recommended.
Want your app reviewed like this one? Get it seen by our massive reader base here - Submit your app!