With the threat of natural disasters on the rise, it is more important than ever to get early notification when dangerous events are imminent. A good weather app for your mobile device could make a major difference. WeatherBug – Local Weather, Radar, Maps, Alerts by Earth Networks, Inc. gives you your daily weather forecast and so much more. Here is some of the app’s description:
WeatherBug, the best free weather app, powered by the world’s largest network of professional weather stations, providing the fastest weather alerts, real-time weather conditions, accurate hourly forecasts & 10-day forecasts, 18 weather maps including Doppler radar, satellite, lightning alerts, precipitation, local temperature, local pressure, local radar, wind chill, heat index, humid, wind, pollen, UV and much more!
Join millions of users who depend on WeatherBug, the longest running weather app, to help you prepare for all weather conditions and Know Before®.
THE WEATHERBUG ADVANTAGE
• Spark™ Lightning Alerts: Using WeatherBug’s Total Lightning Network, receive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts 50% quicker and be prepared for severe weather conditions.
• World’s Largest Professional Weather Network: WeatherBug has the largest professional grade weather stations in North America which report hyper-local weather conditions in real-time.
• 18 Animated Maps: WeatherBug provides the most weather maps so you have multiple options on what weather conditions you need to see.
• International Forecasts: Prepare for weather abroad with WeatherBug’s weather forecasts for over 2.6 million locations across the globe.
• WeatherBug Home® Connect: Connect your smart thermostat to WeatherBug’s patented, award-winning technology to improve your home’s energy efficiency, lower your utility bill and gain insights into your energy usage.
• Customize Your Weather: Customize your weather data to fit your personal needs with the ability to rearrange weather tiles to your liking.
• Lifestyles Forecasts: Custom weather forecasts for all your lifestyle activities such as sports games, golf, lawn care, allergies, pollen, outdoors & more.
Sign-in options for WeatherBug allow Facebook or WeatherBug account logins. This is very convenient if you use the WeatherBug apps on multiple devices so your saved locations and settings will be synced. Begin by adding all your favorite locations, with no limit to the number of areas to track. The built-in Location Manager lets you edit, reorder and sort all of your saved locales at any time. Even customize your notifications for each location, selecting what alerts you would like to receive for each. View your weather information in 18 different maps with detailed animated weather data, including radar and hourly forecasts. WeatherBug provides real-time weather with multiple language support and includes different condition readings for temperature and wind units. Easily access all of your weather by adding the weather widget for information right on your home screen. Along with all of your weather conditions, check real time traffic conditions, local pollen and UV levels.
This app has everything a weather tracker could love and more. My favorite feature by far is the Spark Lightning Alerts. This will tell you if there is lightning in the area and the closest lightning strike in the last 30 minutes. The thunderstorm alerts are 50% faster and helpful to prepare for dangerous storms in the area. Additional tracking for hurricanes with satellite and radar are also included with the latest forecasts. The app is ad-supported but the ads aren’t too obstructive while viewing the app. Even with so much information displayed, the app is easy to navigate and looks very sharp.
For anyone looking to keep on eye on the sky in their neighborhood and beyond, WeatherBug – Local Weather, Radar, Maps, Alerts is definitely the way to go. The app is currently on the Google Play store for free. It is also available for iOS in the App Store here.Submit your app!