Windows Phone has been blessed with some decent photo editing apps over the last few years, but has really lacked one that stood above the rest and offered up a feature packed suite of tools whilst maintaining an easy to use interface.
KVADPhoto+ just may be that app, and could easily become the only app you could need for image processing on your Windows Phone and yes, I would prefer to use this over the Photoshop mobile app.
The reason I would choose this is that I find it far easier to get the simple stuff, such as text editing, done on this app in a shorter time. Simple cropping and resizing just feels more natural here, and KVADPhoto+ still has a multitude of advanced features for those looking to do more complex operations.
It does feel like the perfect solution, especially as it is free to download and use. For free, it is well worth giving it a try.
Here, straight from the developer, are the app’s best features:
- 150+ unique filters in categories: ‘Lomo’, ‘Vintage’, ‘Simple tone’, ‘Black & White’, ‘Old Style’, ‘Cold tones’, ‘Warm tones’ and ‘Art’.
- 200+ amazing special effects: shadow, fabric, watercolor, rust, frames, scratch, light, fire, water, heart, brush, noise and many more.
- Apply set of beautiful digital frames to your photos. Available packs: ‘Holiday Frames’, ‘Christmas Frames’, ‘Summer Frames’, ‘Valentine’s Day frames’.
- Artistic filter Sketch enables you to turn pics into beautiful work of art.
- Collage helps you combine multiple photos into amazing looking frames with 50+ adjustable templates, adjustable borders, frames, corners and backgrounds.
- Magic Tools contains: Auto-Levels, Area-Auto-Levels, Lens Boost and Tilt Shift.
- Lens Boost – get an amazing vignette effect with circle and linear (Tilt Shift) lens.
- Customizable text labels.
- Rich set of photo adjustment tools: color, temperature, brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, blur and sharpen.
- Transform tools: resize, orientation, rotation and crop.
- Use photos from your gallery or from Camera.
- Save and share the result image in different sizes and formats (jpeg, png, bmp, tiff).
One of the things that will strike you when using the app is that the suite of ‘auto tools’ give brilliant results. In most apps, and even when mobile operating systems have the tools built-in, the results are terrible but here, the auto effects are really, really good.
The app has a staggering amount of special effects, filters, frames and templates. Those currently addicted to filters will have a great time here, as there are some stunning looks to choose from, and some of the downloadable packs features some great frames.
With a massive list of features, and easy to use interface and hundreds of filter and effect options, this is my pick for the best image processing app on Windows Phone, as it even beats out the mighty Photoshop for ease of use. Highly recommended.
Want your app reviewed like this one? Get it seen by our massive reader base here - Submit your app!