Adventures are waiting in iceland with Boing and his friends including cute bears, seals and penguins. This is a really good educational app but the only downfall is you only get one free part of the app, the words section. Maybe another free area would be good. There are seals on a mysterious island and you have to spell the words given by placing the seals with the letter hats in the right order. This was quite enjoyable and my son really enjoyed this, which is as good a reason as any to upgrade the app.
Here, straight from the developers, are the app’s best features:
Alphabet & Spelling kids games is part of the “i Learn With” education program for kids in Preschool, Kindergarten and Homeschool designed to get your child ready for school while having fun!
• Cross curricular game-based learning program for kids 3 to 6 in math, science, literacy and more
• Self- adjusting levels of difficulty
• Unique progress tracker for parents
• Detailed success stats for your child that can be compared with children the same age
• Recommended learning path personalized for your child
• 27 fun rewards and medals to motivate your child to learn
• Designed with educational and child development experts
• Based on Common Core standards
The app doesn’t only teach English, it also has science, maths and many more subjects that are being taught in school. Parents can track the progress of their child and see if their learning is right for their age. This comes on a tracker which I thought was excellent. There are rewards that can be achieved which I think will help make the child playing this app want to play even more to earn these rewards, and helps to give an over arching structure.
There is even a great 2 player mode so you can get involved with your child.
This app will be good to play over the summer holidays as kids sometimes might not want to learn, but this app shows learning can be fun. I definitely recommend this app to parents to play with their child.