We have reviewed a few alarm clock apps lately here at The Smartphone App Review, but here we have a free app that aims to beat them all by providing a highly customisable clock experience, all for free and all with a high degree of style.
The first thing that will hit you after playing around with the app for a while are the simply gorgeous themed faces available. There are a few available, but I liked the simple coloured digital faces the best, with a clean and clear design that also has some great detailing, such as the glow of the LED lights lighting up darkened neighbour LEDs, just as they would do in a real digital night clock.
Here, straight from the developer, are the app’s best features:
• Alarm Clock: wake up to relaxing tunes or your own favorite music
• Unlimited alarm support: you’ll never oversleep or miss an important event!
• Background alarm support: alarm will ring even if the app is not running
• Non-stop alarm: music goes on until you stop or snooze it.
• Sleep Timer: fall asleep to relaxing tunes or white noise
• Nightstand mode: turn your device into a gorgeous bedside clock
More handy features:
• Designer clocks: enjoy 2 stylish clock faces
• Beautiful clock widgets: check the time right on your Home Screen
• Weather information: check live local conditions and temperature
You can see from the above list that there are a lot of things included with the app, including a fully featured nightstand mode that is the equal of any other I have used. You don’t need to be in this mode for the alarm to work, as it runs in the background regardless.
You can set the app up to wake you to your favourite tunes, and to also allow you to fall asleep with a handy sleep timer, that can also play chilled out music or even white noise, if that helps you to doze off.
The interface is intuitive, the app is fully featured and has a gorgeous selection of clockfaces, so there really is little to complain about here. My Alarm Clock Free comes highly recommended as an excellent choice for Android.