There are many options available from the App Store for those of you wishing to turn your iPhone into more of a business phone by adding office abilities, such as word processing, databases, spreadsheets and more. However, there are only a few that can claim to do it all, and Polaris Office is one of the best.
The first thing that strikes you about the app is how clean and simple the interface is, an interface that goes on to be the bedrock of the app.
The app allows you to import office documents and edit them with a full document editor that is as fully featured as they come. You can also view and edit Powerpoint and Excel files, as well as the ability to edit plain text files, and you can even view PDFs on the app.
All this turns Polaris into a complete mobile office, letting you edit and mess around with multiple file-types while on the go. It is extremely handy, as well as being simple to use.
Here, in the words of the developer are some of the app’s best features:
> Supports viewing/editing of multiple files.
– Viewing and editing of Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint®, and Excel files are all supported.
– PDF files may be viewed, and text files may be both viewed and edited.
> Supports a vast array of editing functions.
– Templates for multiple file types are offered, allowing you to create documents based on 15 kinds of templates.
– It is possible to insert/edit up to 18 kinds of 2D/3D charts.
– Over 300 functions are provided, along with help information for each one, allowing calculations to be inserted into your documents easily.
– It is possible to add and edit up to 80 varieties of shapes to your document including arrows, stars, free lines etc.
– Document layout settings allow you to view exactly how your documents will look when they are printed out.
– Editing is made easier thanks to the provided arrange and group tools which allows sorting of shape and image objects.
– Various types of text styles and paragraph formatting allow easy editing even on devices with small screens.
– Find and Replace is supported.
– Easy insertion and editing of tables is supported.
– Movement animations to be played when changing slides can be selected.
– With the Slideshow feature it is possible to run presentations while adding handwritten text or drawing pictures on the screen.
– Using the Thumbnail View you can quickly navigate throughout the document.
As you can see, there are a wide variety of options and features in the app that really prove to be incredibly useful. The 3D charts and pie charts look great on the iPhone screen, and as far as I can tell, everything is loaded up quickly and scrolling through each type of file and document is smooth and fluid.
Overall, a great app that is currently on sale for $9.99, which is a great price for the functionality Polaris Office provides.