Our Mini App Reviews are quick looks into apps that may well have passed under your radar, but may in fact be worth a look, and possibly even a purchase. Have a peek at today’s app and see if you think it is worth your time and money.
Broadway Barks is a picture book style app that tells the story of a dog who is taken to a Broadway stage so that someone may adopt him. It is obviously a children’s book, and one that features some great songs, especially the excellent lullaby song at the end. There is also an interactive game that kids will love.
Here are the book’s main features, straight from the developer:
★ About Broadway Barks App
Broadway Barks App tells a story about a lonely dog Douglas searching for his home, with beautiful music and lyrics by Bernadette Peters. In addition, Broadway Barks App includes three special reading features and unique interactive activities that go beyond the storybook and are exclusive this app.
★ Grow with Broadway Barks!
Kids between ages 2-8 acquire vocabulary at a tremendous speed, and they also develop strong affinity towards companions and animals. Reading stories based on animals stimulates their linguistic and intellectual abilities, and at the same time nurture their emotional senses.
Douglas from “Broadway Barks” will support your kids’ growth and development in various ways.
★ Musical Fun!
1) Douglas’ Showtime: Create the most exciting showtime for Douglass so that he can impress the audience with unique songs and dances.
2) Kramer’s Song: Enjoy the beautiful lullaby music for Kramer, with music and lyrics by Bernadette Peters. This will be a wonderful bedtime ritual for your kids.
★ Reading Features!
1) Read to Me: Enjoy the beautiful narration of Bernadette Peters and use the interactive elements on every page.
2) Auto Play: Relax and enjoy the story as it unfolds…the pages turn automatically for you.
3) Read it Myself: Turn off the narration to read the story by yourself as the words appear on the screen.
Overall, this is a lovely app that will keep the kids happy and the adults entertained, and is sure to become a bedtime favourite.