Our ‘Apps to look out for’ reviews are quick looks into apps that may well have passed under your radar, but may in fact be worth a look, and possibly even a purchase. Have a peek at today’s app and see if you think it is worth your time and money.
Custom Control Pad
Custom Control Pad for iPhone and iPad, available through the iTunes App Store, is a superb app that offers a feature set that other apps charge far, far more for, in a nifty 99c app that could very well become an essential part of your daily life.
Essentially, the app allows you to control applications on your PC and Mac using custom touchscreen layouts on your iPhone or iPad. This is obviously extremely useful for desktop apps such as Powerpoint, where you don’t now have to be close to your computer to use, but it actually helps you run your computer far easier and with less hassle for everyday applications and tasks.
I would say that, if you have your PC attached to your TV, then this is even more useful, especially if you plan on playing games on it.
Here, straight from the developer, are the app’s best features:
– Stop remembering hundreds of keyboard shortcuts for the various applications and games you use in your daily PC life.
– Control your PC / Mac wirelessly with your touch screen device.
– Turn your iPad or iPhone into a customizable keyboard / joystick or both together !
– Fully customizable virtual joysticks, set ranges, sensibility etc directly on CCP and see the effects immediately in your games.
– Create, edit and share infinite layouts to control your favorite applications and games *
– Add buttons, virtual joysticks, sliders, labels, and other graphic elements to your layouts
– Totally customize your layouts thanks to skin based editing.
Free Skin Creator application for PC/Mac.
– Six “default” high-res skins included.
– 2 finger swipe to switch to next layout in current folder. Create multiple layouts for the same game / application, and rapidly switch them according to your needs.
– Start using CCP immediately thanks to the growing collection of “default” layouts that ship with the application (over 40 available in version 1.0)
Now, the app does require you to download some simple software on your computer, but it actually very easy to set up on both Mac and PC. The great thing is, if the application isn’t directly supported by the app, you can use a piece of free software to make your own skins very easily indeed.
Overall, this really is a treat, and a great way of adding a new dimension to both your mobile and to your desktop PC and Mac.