MCPlayer, available for iPhone and iPad through the Apple iTunes App Store, may just be the gift that keep on giving, especially for those that love streaming movies and videos.
The app does what it seems like a million other apps claim to do, which is to easily allow you to stream video content around your local network. If you have ever decided to take the plunge on one of these apps in the hope of streaming a movie from your PC to your phone, and then finding out shortly after purchase that is just doesn’t work as intended, will find salvation here.
You don’t need to make copies, or mess around with thousands of settings to get this to work. The app works beautifully ‘out of the box’, and I got it to work on a home PC, Mac, and a PS4 without any problems whatsoever. In fact, I almost needed it to present a problem connecting, so I would have something to tell you here, but no, this really is as easy as the developer says it is.
Here, straight from the developer, are the app’s best features:
– A technologically advanced video player that utilizes a Dolby Digital
– Quickly download your favorite video files on your device and conveniently view them offline whenever you like
– Create and run your own personal “Watch Later List”
– There’s no need for copying. Simply playback your desired list of movies directly from your preferred local network such as Windows Media Player (mpg format), UPnP servers, NAS, etc.
– No transcoding required. All video formats are ready to play with no conversion
– Beam your chosen video to any UPnP enabled Xbox360, UPnP renderers, PS3, or HD TV
– Diverse range of Subtitles are supported *integrated into the video file
– Video formats: GP, AVI, WMV, ASF, MP4, MKV, MPG/MPEG, TS, M2TS, 3GP, VOB, FLV, MOV, M4V
– Wide and diverse range of audio formats are supported including officially licensed Dolby Digital Plus
– Continually play, watch, and manage your favorite list of video files effortlessly
– Incorporates powerful ArkMC media player that utilizes minimal power for your convenience
– Compatible with and/or utilized by iPTV, Wi-Fi, Allshare TV, XBMC
– More features to come as technology continues to evolve
The ability to so easily stream to and from all the devices in your home is fantastic. You can also choose to download a video for watching later, which is one of the biggest requests from general users of apps like these.
The app is intelligent enough to automatically play a chosen video in the correct format, so no pesky transcoding required, especially as the app supports just about every file format you can think of. If there is one that you find it doesn’t support, I am sure the developer would only be too happy to add it upon request, as they want the app to evolve with the needs of its users
Simply put, if you have ever pondered getting one of these apps in the past, or have been stung into buying something that was far more complicated to use than it appeared, then you absolutely must buy this app.