Metatrader 4 for iOS is a trading app that is a bit more flexible than what you may usually get on iPhone. The main changing factor is that is allows you to connect to any brokerage server you like, allowing you to trade Forex.
Here, according to the developer, are all the app’s features:
Trade Forex with your iPhone or iPad!
One of the most popular Forex trading platforms, MetaTrader 4, is now available on your iPhone or iPad absolutely free of charge. Trade currencies with any of 600+ servers of brokerage firms that use the MetaTrader 4 trading platform. With this application, you can control your account, trade in the financial markets and use 30 technical indicators for market analysis.
– Real-time quotes of financial instruments
– Full set of trade orders, including pending orders
– Trade directly from the chart
– More than 600 servers of brokerage firms available
– Support of all types of execution modes
– Complete trading history
– Real-time interactive charts with zoom and scroll
– 30 most popular technical indicators: Accelerator Oscillator, Accumulation/Distribution, Alligator, Average Directional Movement Index, Average True Range, Awesome Oscillator, Bears Power, Bollinger Bands, Bulls Power, Commodity Channel Index, DeMarker, Envelopes, Force Index, Fractals, Gator Oscillator, Ichimoku Kinko Hyo, MACD, Market Facilitation Index, Momentum, Money Flow Index, Moving Average, Moving Average of Oscillator, On Balance Volume, Parabolic SAR, Relative Strength Index, Relative Vigor Index, Standard Deviation, Stochastic Oscillator, Volumes and Williams’ Percent Range
– 7 timeframes: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4 and D1
– 3 chart types: Bars, Japanese Candlesticks and Line
– Adjustable graphical settings of technical indicators (color, line width)
– User friendly interface
– Trade levels and volumes on the chart
– Offline mode (symbol prices and charts)
– Minimum traffic
– Push notifications from the desktop terminal and MQL5.community services, viewing received notifications
The app is quite comprehensive, although there is one big thing missing: true iPad support. Making the iOS version universal would be fantastic, but as it is, traders who want to use this on iPad have to put up with the blocky, zoomed in window that Apple offers.
It is a shame, especially given the fact that the developer would essentially be doubling their audience by doing it. Aside from that, there is little missing here. Pivot points would be nice, but maybe I am just being picky, as there is actually a lot to like here.
With plenty of options, a nice user interface and full trading history, Meta trader 4 for iPhone is a very good and well rounded app, it is just a shame it isn’t universal. Overall, as a free app, this is well worth a try for experienced and budding traders on iPhone.