Tycoon games are in surplus in the App Store, but good ones are few and far between. Concept can have a lot to do with a game’s win or failure among the bulk. Prehistoric Park Builder from Gear Games has one concept to keep you coming back for more.
Prehistoric Park Builder is a caveman themed game that has you building a park for their amusement. Build entertaining rides as well as rest stops and eateries. Keeping the customers happy is the main aim of the game. If not, they will start fights and ruin the park. Keep them engaged, and you have a thriving theme park making money and leveling up. Here is the app’s full description:
Build an incredible prehistoric theme park and become an amusement tycoon of the Stone Age! Take up the call of the primeval past and enter the world of crazy prehistoric rides, attractions and roller coasters! Turn a boring caveman’s life into a wonderful never-ending holiday!
Note: The game requires iPhone 4S/ iPod Touch 5/ iPad 2/ iPad mini or above.
* You can choose from more than 60 mind boggling attractions and rides: giant wooden swings, trampolines made from mammoth hide, giddy merry-go-rounds, stone slides, extreme roller coasters, water rapids and even dinomotors powered by real huge dinosaurs to make all these rides run!
* Decorate your theme park with exotic trees, unique flowers, pagan totems and stone temples.
* Build snack bars, drinking fountains, balloon stands and restrooms around the park to meet your customers’ needs.
* Build cozy rest areas and place benches around for your visitors to feel comfortable in your wonderful park.
* Offer your guests a fruit cocktail, cook them a great kabob and treat them with the first ice cream ever created.
* Hire workers. They will keep your park running and take care of visitors when you are not in the game.
* Play with your friends and share your achievements! Compete with them to build the best amusement park!
Build the biggest and craziest prehistoric theme park ever! The prehistoric world is waiting for you! PLAY IT NOW FOR FREE!
When I first started the game I immediately liked the colorful graphics and festive music. The design wasn’t over the top or annoying like a lot of other tycoon like apps I’ve played. The tutorial was easy to follow and navigation for building the park very simple. The app is free so there are a few ads, but they aren’t permanently set on the screen so you really get the full field to play. What I was most impressed with was the loading and running of the game. There was no lag when loading the park and the characters and scenes moved perfectly with no crashes or interruptions, both things I have experienced with games like these. There are also in-app purchases that can be added to buy more coins and speed up the developing process if you are in a hurry.
Gear Games has made an enjoyable little game with a very odd theme, but for the price of free, Prehistoric Park Builder is one for the park tycoon in all of us.