Towers Battle Pyramid Solitaire, available for iPhone and iPad through the Apple iTunes App Store, is quite possibly the most comprehensive multiplayer oriented solitaire game we have ever reviewed here at The Smartphone App Review. With over 150 levels and excellent tournament based online gameplay, this is easily one of the most addictive games of solitaire we have tried here.
I think it is as good as it is because of the inherent meta game that is involved here. You actually feel that every game you play gives you a little progress, not just in terms of learning but with rewards. The game uses power ups to enhance the play, and you will need to get the hang of them in order to compete online, with items having a real effect on gameplay.
Earning silver and gold in order to get power ups and other items is quite addictive; sure you could just spend some real cash to buy things but I preferred earning them, as it gave each use of a power up even more meaning than it otherwise would have.
Here, straight from the developer are the app’s best features:
– excellent HD graphics
– thrilling sound effects
– 150+ unique levels to play
– challenge The Globe: 1 Day, 1 Chance and Battle Tournaments gives you not only The Glory, but The Gold as well
– the game is completely free, but if you wish, you can buy any gold or silver pack to boost your experience
– all-in-one friends integration: once connected to the Facebook, you will get not only +2 to your max hearts amount, but your friends for the competition
– additionally, every your friend can help you with a hearts every hour 24/7.
– different backgrounds to reflect your emotions
There is a lot to like here, but special mention must go to the graphics as they are really very good. All rendered in HD, the cards look great, and I liked the different backgrounds you can choose from; a really nice touch.
With plenty to do and superb online options, Towers Battle Pyramid Solitaire is probably the best multiplayer focussed game of its type on the App Store, and comes highly recommended.