For those that are looking to expand their video extension on their Android device without the hassle of connecting to a computer to do it, KeepVid has an answer. KeepVid Android gives you the capability to download videos from various websites for free straight to your phone or tablet. Here is some of the app’s description:
- Download videos on your Android device easily and fast.
- Fully Support to download YouTube, Facebook and other popular video sharing sites.
- Search and download videos you want using KeepVid Android without opening any other app.
- Download multiple videos simultaneously and dramatically save your time for the download.
- Enable you to download HD YouTube videos on Android, including 1080p, 2K, 4K, HD and UHD, without compromising the video quality.
Download YouTube to MP3 on Android
- Download YouTube videos to high-quality MP3 directly.
- Enable you to get the music you want without compromising the audio quality.
- Enjoy your downloaded music directly on your Android device without opening other media player app.
KeepVid Android is not available on the Google Play store due to copyright concerns. Instead, the app is downloaded via APK file from their website. Just click on the download link and follow the directions to install on your phone or tablet. Be aware, since this is an APK file, you may need to adjust your security settings to allow installation. Once downloaded and installed, KeepVid opens to a vast list of video site links. YouTube, Vimeo, Funny or Die and Dailymotion are just a few. Click a site, find a video and start saving. See all of your media in the downloaded area where you can play, go to website or share to other sites
The app is very much like the KeepVid browser extension. The websites will open in a built-in browser that you can navigate. You can search videos from multiple sources or add websites with the “+” button and enter a URL of your choice. Once you have found a video you would like to download, a blue arrow will appear on the screen that can be clicked to save the video to your device. Formats include HD video with several qualities to choose from, up to 1080p available. A unique feature also included here is the option to download just the audio from the video in MP3 or M4A. I found KeepVid Android works really well, especially with YouTube videos. I was excited to see the ability to add other sites to download videos than what was in the initial list, but it seems it won’t work on just any video or site, this includes the ones listed. Aside from that, it is a great tool that cuts out the middle man when it comes to adding media directly to your device.
KeepVid Android is available to download from their website keepvid.com.